Wednesday 4 September 2013

My First Post

As this is my first ever blog post, I'm going to keep it quite simple as I'm still trying to get used to this whole process!
Since New York Fashion Week begins tomorrow, I thought I'd post some of my favourite looks from this year so far!





So, firstly we have the beautiful Gemma Chan sporting a very girly, pretty festival look. The reason I love this look so much is because I myself am very girly, and even though I've never been to a festival before, I'm thinking this is the kind of style I'd go for. Flowy printed dress matched with some comfortable brown sandals and a coral side bag to keep your necessities in such as hairspray and makeup;) Also, I am loving the straw hats this year! Very cool.

 Next up we have the amazingly fashion forward Cara Delevingne (who I adore!). Again, this is a festival look (but you can never have too many of them, right?!) however this one, unlike Gemma's look, is very grungy and out there. The printed trousers I love as prints are so big right now and I am forever wearing my printed trousers because they're just so comfortable and I can literally just throw them together with a plain vest and some accessories and I'm good to go! What I especially love about Cara's look is how she could have made these printed trousers look very feminine on herself, yet she's grunged them down with a leather jacket and a cap (not keen on the cap) but even though this is something I personally wouldn't wear, I still love it!

 Jessica Alba! What can I say about this woman? Everything she wears, she looks glam in! This has got to be one of her best looks! She looks so casual and I am loving the polka dot blue dress teamed with the denim jacket (who says denim is out?!) and then the wedges! I am in love! The wedges and the bag just complete this outfit, she is just amazing. She could wear a bin bag and she'd still look incredible.

 I know we've already had Cara Delevingne but I just HAD to post this one! How incredible does she look here? I mean, the blazer, the trousers, the white, the shoes, her hair. I just, wow. I can't really say much else other than I am in awe of her! It's simple, yet chic, glam and an amazing look that only a rare few could pull off! 

 Now, we couldn't have a fashion blog without a bit of Rihanna could we? When I saw this picture posted online I just thought "Can I be her?". Only very few women could pull this outfit off. The crop tops are very in right now (I even own a few!) but what I especially love about this is she's wearing ripped jeans, a sparkly crop top and heels, yet she looks glam and ready to party! If I wore this outfit I'd look like an idiot! But Rihanna pulls it off effortlessly, it's just so effortless and glam with the sparkles and her effortless hair. I am envious. 
Last but not least we have Natalia Vodianova looking incredible in this Dior colourful skirt paired with TOMS shoes. Again, I can't say much except it's so incredible effortless yet such a pretty, casual look on her. I envy those women who can pull off anything!

Thanks for reading!
Couture Doll xo

1 comment:

  1. Lovely first post! I love Gemma's look!! Definitely my style! Everything is just perfect together!!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete